Whats worse to overdose on aspirine or paracetamol, i know overdosing is not goo!
Whats worse to overdose on aspirine or paracetamol, i know overdosing is not good, but just wonderin wts wors?
All overdose patients must be taken to a hospital immediately.
Aspirin overdose has potentially serious consequences, sometimes leading to significant morbidity and mortality. Patients with mild intoxication frequently have nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, lethargy, tinnitus, and dizziness. More significant symptoms occur in more severe poisonings and include hyperthermia, tachypnea, respiratory alkalosis, metabolic acidosis, hyperkalemia, hypoglycemia, hallucinations, confusion, seizure, cerebral edema, and coma. The most common cause of death following an aspirin overdose is cardiopulmonary arrest usually due to pulmonary edema.
The toxic dose of aspirin is generally considered greater than 150 mg per kg of body mass. Moderate toxicity occurs at doses up to 300 mg/kg, severe toxicity occurs between 300 to 500 mg/kg, and a potentially lethal dose is greater than 500 mg/kg. This is the equivalent of many dozens of the common 325 mg tablets, depending on body weight. Note that children cannot tolerate as much aspirin per unit body weight as adults can, even when aspirin is indicated. Label-directions should be followed carefully.
Paracetamol overdose can lead to liver failure and death within days, paracetamol will cause irreversible damage to the liver. It is sometimes used in suicide attempts by those unaware of the prolonged timecourse and high morbidity (likelihood of significant illness) associated with paracetamol-induced toxicity in survivors.
The toxic dose of paracetamol is highly variable. In adults, single doses above 10 grams or 150 mg/kg have a reasonable likelihood of causing toxicity. Toxicity can also occur when multiple smaller doses within 24 hours exceeds these levels, or even with chronic ingestion of doses as low as 4 g/day, and death with as little as 6 g/day.
So the bottom line is overdosing, is not something to play with or take lightly, the effects are very severe and serious, what's more they have prolong effect on major organs in the body.
OH MY GOD I VE JUST READ YR OTHER QUESTIONS, PLS PLS PLS DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID. IF U HAVE ALREADY TAKEN AN OVERDOSE, CALL SOMEONE RIGHT NOW, THE POLICE, YR FAMILY, YR FRIENDS DO SOMETHING QUICKLY IF NOT AND U R JUST ASKING, PLS TELL ME U R O.K. I AM SO WORRIED.........