I have a 18 mth baby & she has stabismus wat should id do?!

Question: I have a 18 mth baby & she has stabismus wat should id do!?
this is als kwon as crossed eyes!.!.!.!.Www@Answer-Health@Com

I noticed the same thing in my daughter when she was a similar age!. As soon as I realised she had this I took her to my GP who referred her to the local hospital where she was examined by an optometrist who diagnosed her condition!. She also had astigmatism in both eyes!. Of course I was quite upset by this, as you may well be, but there was no need to worry!. She was fitted with glasses asap, and began wearing them at 21 months old!. We went regularly to the hospital for her to be tested and assessed, and many options were discussed!. Along with the glasses she wore an eye patch over the good eye to make her lazy one start working properly!. The possibility of corrective surgery was also discussed but she never needed it because by the time she was 10 years old her eyesight and vision were perfect, the therapy that she had had corrected her problem, which was great!.

Now I know that sounds a long time, over 8 years in all from start to finish, but believe me it was worth it!. The only time you can tell now that she ever had this problem is when she is tired or unwell her eye starts to wander in a little, but it is only ever temporary now because when she is rested and well again her eyes are back to normal!. She doesn't even need to wear glasses anymore, and she is now 17 years old!.

So, please don't worry about your daughter, just please take her to your doctor and get a referral to a specialist I am very confident that she will be given effective treatment and you will have a happy outcome, as we did!. When she was first diagnosed I remember I cried, I felt so sorry for my tiny girl, but really when I thought about it clearly I thought to myself if it's the worst thing that ever happens to her then it's not really that bad, she can and will be cured, also I was kept well-informed during the whole time she was being treated, and I decided things could have been so much worse and consoled myself that way!.

Good luck with this, I am sure all will be well in the end!.Www@Answer-Health@Com

You need to see an optometrist comfortable with babies or a paediatric ophthalmologist who will work out the reason for the strabismus (most commonly due to needing glasses but there are many other reasons) and then recommend a treatment plan!. It is very important that it is attended to as early as possible to avoid a permanently 'lazy' eye!.Www@Answer-Health@Com

The consumer health information on answer-health.com is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
The answer content post by the user, if contains the copyright content please contact us, we will immediately remove it.
Copyright © 2007-2011 answer-health.com -   Terms of Use -   Contact us

Health Categories